Attention, attorneys: would you like more business? Here's your recipe for free advertising:
- Find a person who is:
- over 55
- with an income below 138% of the federal poverty line
- who owns a home, farm, small business, substantial savings, or other assets.
- Research MERP in your state (if you don't already know the law).
- Find the webpage where your state explains MERP.
- Find the newspaper(s) that serve your area and look for their "submit a story" button. (If they don't have a "submit a story" button, search for "health" and find the reporter who covers health issues.) Explain the problem, the solution, and offer to put them in touch with your client. Make sure they include the name of your firm in the story!